匿名  发表于 2011-1-3 18:07:19
“我要价廉物美”顾客说,
“当然是价廉物霉了”店主说。
“没有有效期?”
“中国食品放了时间越长越好,比如说,普洱茶”
回复

使用道具

匿名  发表于 2011-1-3 23:40:33
Ok. Let me explain what I mean about "not a Big Deal".

First of all, there is no incentive for merchant to sell expired food. Especially for big business, they threw out more than "a few dollars" worth of stuff everyday.
Second, occasionally, we can get bad stuff from other merchants. I bought expired bread from Publix before.
Third, voice with your feet. go shop somewhere else.

Actually, if you really think it's about principle, "not about a few dollars", go exchange.
I suspect the bread gone bad while you drove from market to home.
回复

使用道具

主题

帖子

积分

会员

积分
 楼主| 发表于 2011-1-4 13:51:51 | 显示全部楼层
引用第15楼游客于2011-01-03 23:40发表的 :
Ok. Let me explain what I mean about "not a Big Deal".

First of all, there is no incentive for merchant to sell expired food. Especially for big business, they threw out more than "a few dollars" worth of stuff everyday.
Second, occasionally, we can get bad stuff from other merchants. I bought expired bread from Publix before.
Third, voice with your feet. go shop somewhere else.

Thank you for your sensible comment!

Technically, the seller do have incentive to buy and sell cheap products especially to buy from cheap manufacturers that do not specify "Expiration dates".  So, my principal here is about selling food without expiration dates.  If this is not legal in US, I'll report them.  For your Publix event, at least you know it's expired.

You are right about not to go there any more.  I can't even go back to exchange, because of the distance.
回复

使用道具 举报

匿名  发表于 2011-1-4 17:16:18
Sorry I hurt your feelings when I pointed out that you can not stand on your principles.

The point I try to make is to not single out the merchant before you have the story straight or find the party to blame.

As a matter of fact, you shall be lucky for there is The Great Wall,(99 ranch is defeated by Super H, Dinhou is too small),  otherwise you will have to go Super H, or Assis, to hand your money to the K.. and smell the k..... I don't know, may be you like that.

The term "food expiration dates" has become a generic term describing any date shown on a food product label. While some food products do show "expiration dates" many products only show a sell by, best by or use by date. Most of these dates are not related to food safety but in fact created to let consumers know when the product has reached its peak quality. Most foods are safe and useable beyond those dates. Read complete article on food expiration dates including a chart with times foods can be used past their printed dates.

This date is provided by the manufacturer. Although it is not legislated (except for a few items) this is the date by which the seller should sell the product. This does not mean the food is unsafe to eat after this date. Read complete article on food expiration dates including a chart with times foods can be used past their printed dates.
回复

使用道具

匿名  发表于 2011-1-4 17:34:02
There was a story that two policemen got fired because of eating free expired bread from a manufacture garbage can. And MacDonnal throws away any finished products before closing doors everyday. If you want to be second grade citizen, then you save the money for hell.
回复

使用道具

匿名  发表于 2011-1-4 21:15:59
引用第17楼游客于2011-01-04 17:16发表的  :
Sorry I hurt your feelings when I pointed out that you can not stand on your principles.

The point I try to make is to not single out the merchant before you have the story straight or find the party to blame.

As a matter of fact, you shall be lucky for there is The Great Wall,(99 ranch is defeated by Super H, Dinhou is too small),  otherwise you will have to go Super H, or Assis, to hand your money to the K.. and smell the k..... I don't know, may be you like that.

Your comments are racist and look like you are one of those merchant!
回复

使用道具

您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 立即注册

本版积分规则

Archiver|小黑屋|Atlanta168.com

GMT-5, 2024-6-5 16:12 , Processed in 0.096065 second(s), 16 queries .