会员

积分

社区居民

发表于 2011-1-18 17:42:37 | 显示全部楼层 |阅读模式
To:
Subject: Thank you
Date: Mon, 17 Jan 2011 21:50

Michael:

Can you help me communicate a message to the local Chinese people that have helped our family so much?

I want to say a sincere "Thank You" to all of the people that have helped our family during this time of transition.  Before we adopted Hope, I was worried about how she would respond to being completely removed from her Chinese friends, culture and language.  I was concerned that the "culture shock" would add another burden on to her already complicated life.  But... our family has been truly blessed by all of our new friends in the Chinese community.  I could never have imagined in my wildest dreams that our family would be completely overwhelmed by the outpouring of love and support that we have received from our Chinese neighbors here in Atlanta.

In particular, I want to thank the young women (and their families) from the Hand-in-Hand organization.  These young ladies have helped us so much!  They have provided a source of comfort and communication for Hope.  When we struggle with a language issue in our home, it is quite common for Hope to say, "Call Melissa... call Lilly."  We are so blessed to have such an amazing support group with Hand-in-Hand.  Thank you to everyone involved with that organization.  You are truly an answer to our prayers.

And a special thank you to everyone who has helped us with cooking, translation, meals, and general support. Thank you. Thank you. Thank you.  Our lives have been changed by your generosity.

I am indeed a witness to a rare and beautiful event.  I have been able to see firsthand - complete strangers helping our family in our time of need.  Our trip to China to pick up Hope was one of the most amazing journeys that I have ever been on... I fell in love with the Chinese people, culture and language.  And now that I am home - and now that I have witnessed the love shown to our family - I am in complete awe of the people of the local Chinese community.  You have the ability to love strangers... and now, we no longer feel like strangers, but we truly feel that we are part of your family.

We are honored to have Hope as part of our family... she is an amazing girl that is going to do amazing things during her life.  I personally believe that God has engineered this entire process...  love and faith have surrounded this adoption process since its beginning many years ago.  Thank you for continue to pour love onto our family.  

So, again... "Thank you!" from the bottom of my heart to everyone involved.  May God bless the entire Chinese community in Atlanta.   Nikki and I are forever grateful of your love and help.

To the local Chinese community, we extend our utmost gratitude.

Scott Wilson   

James 1:27  "Religion that God our Father accepts as pure and faultless is this: to look after orphans and widows in their distress and to keep oneself from being polluted by the world."
回复

使用道具 举报

匿名  发表于 2011-1-21 13:36:57
I am so moved by your action. So happy that Hope is adjusting very well. God bless you and your familly.
回复

使用道具

匿名  发表于 2011-1-21 22:08:40
God bless you and your familly
回复

使用道具

您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 立即注册

本版积分规则

Archiver|小黑屋|Atlanta168.com

GMT-5, 2024-4-25 07:44 , Processed in 0.100416 second(s), 19 queries .