老钱 发表于 2015-6-9 01:19:35

林怡正先生的致同胞词

林怡正先生的致同胞词
请点击:林怡正的宣言

林怡正先生的照片

面对生活中的每一个选择,我在如何行动之前必须先知道“为什么”。
Whatever endeavor I attempt in life, I must know "WHY"before I search for "HOW".
我认为我需要向所有的支持者解释清楚,我为什么要竞选Johns Creek市议员的席位。
I think I owe all the supporters "Why" I'm running forJC city council, and hopefully this will clarify the "why".

尊敬的读者,首先我要感谢所有从一开始就支持我这个参选决定的人。对于你们通过微信、电话、电子邮件和当面的鼓励,我和我的妻子表示由衷的感激。
Dear all, I want to first thank all of you who have supported my decision to run for the JC city council seat. My wife and I are grateful for all the support and encouraging words that you have either posted on WeChat, through phone calls, emails or spoken face to face.

作为一个第一代美国的华裔,我经历过你每天所面临的生活挑战。我依然还记得,当年在速食店里拙口笨舌的点餐过程;我也记得,当我走进一个乡村的加油站时面对店主奇怪的眼神,因为当地人从未见过亚洲人。我记得光是去看个病,或是处理保险公司的单据,就足以把我的一天搞得一团糟。但是我仍然下定了一个决心,就是不让语言障碍阻止我迈向成功的脚步;我更不会因为他人对华裔的偏见,击垮我迈向卓越的信心。
As a first-generation Chinese-American, I can relate to the many challenges that you face on a day-to-day basis; I remember standing in line at fast food restaurants struggling verbally to place my order; I remember walking into a country gas station and receiving funny looks because the gas station owners have never seen an Asian come through the door; I remember how doctor visits and insurance paperwork can ruin a day. But I've made some decisions: I was not going to let the language barrier become my roadblock to"success"; I was not going to let others' distorted views about my Chinese heritage hinder my confidence to be the best that I can be.

因着上帝的恩典,我在1997年11月2日接受了基督。我的信仰历程彻底地改变了我的人生价值观,同时对于这片被称为美利坚的土地,我也有了更深层的认识;这是一片自由的土地,也是勇者的家园。我们的开国元勋制定了宪法、开疆拓土并且洒下了热血,缔造出我们今天所能享受的自由生活。他们对于这片土地的激情深深触动了我。
By the Grace of God, I received Christ on Nov 02, 1997; It has profoundly changed my perspective in life and this land that we now called home: America, the land of the free, and the home of the brave. I fell in love with the passion of our founding fathers who are the authors of our constitution and who pioneered the paths and shed their blood for the liberty and freedom that we now enjoy.

经过这么多年,我认识到所谓的“成功”,其实是一个可变的目标。没有两个人能给“成功”做出完全相同的定义。而我自己的人生目标,已经从单纯的“成功的人生”,转化为“有意义的人生”。我知道,我必须担负起更有意义的使命;进入公共服务的领域,是那些我个人从事更有价值的事业的一个决定。
Over the years, I have realized that "success" is a moving target: no two individuals can give the same definition of success. My life goal has evolved from "success"to "significance"; I know that I need to be "on a mission" for a worthy cause.Entering public service is one of those decisions that I considered to be a "worthy cause".
最近三十年来环境在变化,时代也在进步。现在会讲中文的医生、保险经纪以及其他各行各业的专业人士已经随处可见,但是在公共服务的领域这方面还是空白;华人在政治活动方面的缺席,自然造成华裔族群在政治领域失去代表性。在2014年的国会大选中,我和一群朋友支持Jody Hice在国会第10区选区的竞选,结果他被成功选为第10区美国国会议员,并开始了他的第一个任期。作为一个真正的保守派议员,他最关心的是如何本着保守的价值观更好地为选民服务,而不是在意自己的位子能不能连任。在Jody和其他朋友的鼓舞下,并与家人和朋友多次讨论后,我决定参选Johns Creek 市议员。
For nearly 3 decades, things have changed and progressed. We can easily find Chinese speaking doctors, insurance agents and many other professions that can cater to our needs. Despite all the progress, there is avoid in public service. Lack of participation in the political process resulted in lack of representation in the political realm. During the 2014 congressional election, a group of friends and I supported congressman Jody Hice for the 10thdistrict congressional election and he was elected to office to serve his first term as the 10th district US congressman. A true conservative congressman who is more concerned about serving his constituents by staying true to conservative values and the Constitution than re-election. I was encouraged by Jody and many other friends to run for JC City Council, and after extensive discussions with family and friends, I decided to run for the position.

我的这个参选决定,既不是出于冲动、也不是出于私心。我祈祷并希望尽我本人最大的所能,竭诚服务Johns Creek市的公民,使这个我们所定居的的城市成为更美好的家园。我也希望这次选举过程,可以鼓励更多年轻的华裔参与政治活动,为社区做出更大贡献。
It is not an impulsive decision nor a self-serving decision. My prayer and hope is to serve the citizens of Johns Creek with my utmost ability and capacity to make this city that we now call home a better place to live and to raise our family. And through the process, we can encourage more younger Chinese Americans to participate and to represent our community.

你注册投票了吗?
老钱:请大家都来支持林怡正先生的竞选
林怡正:我们如何能赢得11月2日的选举?
老钱:朝中有人好说话
老钱:关于选举的事宜

wangting 发表于 2015-6-9 06:28:24

支持华裔参政!好样的!

PartTime 发表于 2015-6-9 10:40:21

Yes! Jay - I know you can do it, and I applaud for your decision!

haiqingnie聂 发表于 2015-6-9 20:23:21

期望林先生为社区作出更大貢献。

玉山峰 发表于 2015-6-10 01:14:35

支持Jay Lin 競選jc市议员,關心华人议题。

馨香芒果 发表于 2015-6-10 09:11:05

我们应该动员身边的美国朋友投票, 毕竟他们是更大人群, 今天和住Johns Creek的老板说让他投, 把Jay Lin的故事说给他听和把Jay的英文网站给他看。 老板说, 好啊, 只要他是个好人, 愿意为我们JC做贡献, 当然投!

老钱 发表于 2015-6-10 13:16:06

谢谢王亭第一时间的支持。
谢谢聂海清老先生,玉山峰,PartTtime,磬香芒果等的支持。

老郭 发表于 2015-6-10 16:09:10

大力支持!

冬青树 发表于 2015-6-10 17:41:39

大力支持!

tjcarpets 发表于 2015-6-10 19:33:27

大力支持!
页: [1] 2
查看完整版本: 林怡正先生的致同胞词