[复制链接]

主题

帖子

积分

管理员

积分

社区居民

发表于 2010-1-5 00:42:31 | 显示全部楼层 |阅读模式
2006年夏天, 我们去了波多黎各(Puerto Rico)海边游玩. 前几天 一位朋友要去那, 问我的经历. 同时看到白玫瑰也从海边游玩回来.  所以我把下面的旧文章重贴一遍, 以飨读者, 抛砖引玉:

=========
(小女儿 英文原作, 老郭 中文翻译)

今年夏天,去波多黎各的机票大减价, 往返票仅二百多元。于是,我们社区的十几位朋友趁假游历了波多黎各。放松于海滩,惊艳于美景。萤光海湾一游更是在我们心中留下了不可磨灭的印象。

波多黎各的萤光海湾之名源于发光浮游生物。这种“精灵”的奇特之处在于它们总是辉映着夜晚的深蓝色的天空,堪称“大地之星”。我早已对之有所耳闻,如今终于有幸窥其究竟。这些“精灵”挑剔地选择生活环境。为保护这些小精灵, 人类的机动大船也被阻止在海湾之外。最多只能载三人的小皮船成了我们唯一的探险旅行工具的选择。欲感受奇特必定历经艰辛,这次也不例外。通海湾的皮船好好地考验了我们的诚意、挑战了我们的体力和意志力。我们被安排在三人小组里。三人中的“头儿”负责坐在船后掌控方向和划桨推船。另两人则坐在前面,同时帮助划桨,不过也只能尽绵薄之力。自一个类似沼泽的海滩我们出发了,向导当前引领船队,我们鱼贯而行,划向海洋深处。船船相接似停泊港口,我们忍不住兴奋地“调皮”地在皮船之间来回划行。不知是路途颇短还是心情畅快,很快地,我们划进了一条怀抱在红树林之中的窄道。前面领航的灯光微弱,我们在黑暗的窄道中小心翼翼地跟随。尽管万般小心,还是好几次抵不过红树林错综复杂的盘根而迷失方向,难道是留连红树林之美?一次又一次地,我们被导游“解救”出来。划船航行良久,我们终于抵达了梦寐以求的萤光海湾。那天无风无月天气晴朗,上帝也真帮助我们。起初,水面平静安详,可只要我们投物于水中,水面上亮光便以投掷物为中心“浸”开来,形成由内及外的曼妙光环,像画纸上的丹青。传说古时,这个湖被人们赋以神圣之名,另一些人则认为湖中隐匿着神怪。此时此刻,只有当我眼见自己的手在湖水中灼灼发光时,我才真切理解了先人的感受。我捧起一掌水,任其通过指缝溜走,像端起一团光,水滴则如光珠般滚落。若说那发光的平静的湖面像玉盘,真是“大珠小珠落玉盘”的另一番写照。若我强留住那捧水,他们则会狡猾地慢慢暗淡,只剩点滴微弱光芯,直至光芒殆尽。可是当我无趣地把他们放归自然时,他们又开始骄傲地发光。我暗想,好一群贞洁又狡猾的精灵!也许是希望得到最亲近的感受,我们忍不住潜进湖中游泳,发光的“精灵”环绕我们的躯干和四肢,海湾的神秘令人胆怯更令人兴奋。

一个小时似乎在“银河”中度过,之后我们划着皮船踏上归途。夜更深了,在窄道中探路变得更加艰难。而且为了顺应水流我们不得不改变航道,航程倍增,幸而有了刚才的神奇经历作为谈资,减轻了劳累和痛苦。终于,似乎经历了无止尽的艰辛划桨,我们返回了出发地。回想起来,不得不说,萤光海湾之旅在波多黎各一行中给我们留下了最为惊险、惊奇和惊艳的回忆。

================
小女儿 英文原作:
Our Trip to Glowing Bay

This past summer we went on a vacation to Puerto Rico. There, we relaxed on beaches and went to many amazing places. One of the most memorable experiences, however, was our trip to Glowing Bay.

Glowing Bay is a bay in Puerto Rico that contains bioluminescent plankton. This type of plankton is very rare because it glows at night. I was looking forward to seeing these amazing plankton. However, these rare plankton live in a very delicate ecosystem. Large boats are prevented from entering the bay to protect their ecosystem. The only way for us to get to the bay was by kayaking.

Kayaking to the bay was challenging and very tiring. We were put into groups of up to 3 people. One person was the leader and the leader sat in the back to control the direction of our kayak and most of the paddling.  The other two people sat in the front and helped paddle.

We started out on a swamp-like beach shore in a harbor, and paddled into the ocean. A guide led the first boat in our group and the others followed in a single file line. We often ran into other kayaks as well as boats docked at the harbor. Soon, we entered a narrow passage sheltered by mangrove trees. Following the lights attached to the kayaks in front of us, we navigated our way through the narrow channel in the darkness as best as we could. Despite our efforts, we still ended up getting tangled in the roots of mangrove trees several times. Each time, one of our guides had to come and help pull us out of the tree.

After a long, tiring hour of paddling and navigating through trees, we finally reached Glowing Bay. At first, looking at the bay, the water seemed perfectly normal. However, as soon as we dipped something into the water, the water would begin to glow around the object as if a ghostly aura surrounded it. In ancient times, natives believed that the lake was sacred. Others thought that the lake contained ghosts or spirits. As I stared at my hand glowing in the water, I could understand why people would have believed that. I cupped a handful of water in my hands, and then let the water run off my hand. The water continued glowing as I cupped it into my hand, and the droplets of water looked like beads of light as they rolled off my hand. However, when I cupped up water and let the water stay in my hands, the light dimmed until only small glitter-like pieces flickered in the water. Eventually, the water stopped glowing entirely. We got to swim in the bay as well. The water glowed all around us as we swam, giving a mystic, ghostly quality to the bay.

After swimming in the bay for nearly an hour, we began kayaking back to the harbor where we started out. On the way back, it was nearly pitch black, so navigating our way through the narrow, winding passage became even harder. Not only that, but on the trip back we had to row against the current, making the trip back take nearly twice as long as the way there. Finally, after what seemed like an eternity of arduous paddling, we finally returned to the shore where we started. Our trip to Glowing Bay was the most breathtaking and wondrous experience of my vacation to Puerto Rico.

=================
Puerto Rico trip schedule and notes:     

Friday  6/23/2006
AM     Going to airport and flying
PM     Going to airport and flying
Evening     Visiting old town. Stay the night at Holiday Inn in Old San Juan

Saturday 6/24/2006     
AM     Visting Castle in town
PM     Rent a 12 seats van and drive to Ponce
Evening     Visiting glowing bay, night beach, overnight near Ponce.

Sunday  6/25/2006     
AM     Morning beach near Ponce
PM     Drive to forest near Fijardo
Evening     Fijardo resort, beach, snorkle, …overnight in El Conquistador Resort and Golden Door Spa, Fijardo

Monday  6/26/2006     
AM     Fijardo resort, beach, snorkle, …
PM     Fijardo resort, beach, snorkle, …
Evening     Visiting town. Stay the night at a cheap hotel in San Juan suburb

Monday  6/26/2006     
AM     Visiting town, Going to airport at 10:30 AM
PM     flying
Evening     home sweet home
Cingular customer service says that Puerto Rico has NO additional charges to make calls. It is the same as a U.S. mainland state.

Both Spanish and English are the official languages , the local currency is the U.S. dollar, and no visas or passports are required to enter Puerto Rico from the United States. Mail is sent through the US Postal Service at the same rates as on the mainland.

The temperature averages 83°F (22.7°C) in the winter and 85°F (29.4°C) in the summer. Puerto Rico is in the Atlantic Time Zone, but does not observe Daylight Savings Time. The island uses standard U.S. electric current. There are no customs duties on articles bought in Puerto Rico and taken to the U.S. mainland. Major credit cards are accepted at most businesses, and ATMs connected to major US and international networks are easy to find.  Business hours are similar to those on the mainland, 6:00 AM to 6:00 PM weekdays. Most stores are open Saturdays, and all of the larger towns have shopping malls that are open evenings and Sundays.
puerto-rico.jpg
回复

使用道具 举报

主题

帖子

积分

版主

积分

社区居民忠实会员

发表于 2010-1-5 00:58:31 | 显示全部楼层
老郭好文, (小女儿英文也写的不错), 谢谢分享.
回复

使用道具 举报

主题

帖子

积分

精灵王

积分
发表于 2010-1-5 01:30:57 | 显示全部楼层
老郭的女儿很细心,老郭的翻译有水准。 游记写得有趣,玩得好就是主题~~

--青竹
回复

使用道具 举报

主题

帖子

积分

管理员

积分

社区居民

楼主| 发表于 2010-1-5 01:53:59 | 显示全部楼层
谢谢湖畔居士和林间青竹的夸奖. 这两天我再写一篇关于我在赌城游玩赌博的文章.  
回复

使用道具 举报

主题

帖子

积分

骑士

积分

社区居民

发表于 2010-1-5 19:50:38 | 显示全部楼层
老郭的小女儿很有才,老郭的翻译也很不错!
回复

使用道具 举报

主题

帖子

积分

管理员

积分

社区居民

楼主| 发表于 2013-5-27 22:06:12 | 显示全部楼层
当年我们可以潜进湖中游泳, 不久前有朋友去了,据说为了保护生态,不许人下水了。
回复

使用道具 举报

您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 立即注册

本版积分规则

Archiver|小黑屋|Atlanta168.com

GMT-5, 2024-9-26 20:42 , Processed in 0.114872 second(s), 22 queries .