使用道具

匿名  发表于 2010-1-17 11:43:49
17楼的老兄,请尽管让您的老母亲和女儿高兴。咱说的是中国商会这些红头脑们,不是说咱们百姓。
回复

使用道具

匿名  发表于 2010-1-18 15:28:15
这里有AJC的报道:
http://www.accessatlanta.com/atl ... ok-with-277268.html

报道说,老美观众大都不知道要花那么多钱去看一场充满宣传法轮功的演出。所有《神韵》的海报,宣传及节目单上都没有提到FLG。所以,尽管有些观众事后表示可以理解,但也看得出他们都不喜欢被蒙在鼓里的感觉。
回复

使用道具

匿名  发表于 2010-1-18 22:51:33
看看AJC这篇文章后的跟帖:

http://blogs.ajc.com/inside-acce ... ?cxntlid=daylf_artr

老美观众也被骗的一愣一愣的。那真是骗你宰你没商量。

Margaret Witten

January 15th, 2010
9:22 am
Dear Mr. Pousner:

I’d like to comment on your write-up of the Shen Yun dance troupe in the AJC. I haven’t seen the show this year and it may be different than last year’s show, but I doubt it. Last year, a friend gave me a couple of tickets to the show, so my girlfriend and I went. After a couple of the performance dances, and especially after the operatic numbers (sung in Chinese, with super-titles in English), we began to realize that something was going on. (Also the producers showed a great interest in video taping our reactions to the show, while they prohibited any photography of the show itself.) It became very clear by the end of the show that the event was sponsored by the Falung Gong and that the show really amounted to a propaganda campaign against the Chinese government. In fact I was under the impression that many of the people in the audience were followers of the Falung Gong and may not have paid for their tickets.

Far be it from me to defend the Communist Chinese government, but I do think we were “sold” a bill of goods. Whether or not the Chinese government is maltreating the Falung Gong, we deserved to be told that we were being entertained (and paying for the privilege, as my friend did pay $100 per ticket for the show!) for the purpose of being indoctrinated into the philosophy and the plight of the Falung Gong.

As I said, maybe the show is different this year, but last year, it was pretty clear to us that the tickets for this show were being sold under false pretenses, even if for a good cause (although I’m not sure of that given the experience). As a reporter, you have a responsibility to truly and accurately report. Sometimes you find the stories, other times the stories find you. You may be saying to yourself, “Heck, I’m the entertainment editor what do I know from politics?” But from reading your write-up (which could, to some, appear to be a review), I think you were “had” if you didn’t notice or weren’t made aware of what was going on. And I think you contribute to the deceit if you don’t do a little investigating and find out what is really going on in the Energy Center.

I note that, in a check of the AJC today, there is a reference to a negative review from a Vancouver newspaper. I am glad to see that the AJC has picked up that reference. I would hope that the AJC could do a better job, in the future, of making it clear that it was providing information without having actually seen a performance, or, in the alternative, informing the public of the true nature of a performance (when something is so political.)

Best Regards,

Dan Franklin
Margaret Witten

LinkReport this comment.Marilee Coughlin

January 18th, 2010
11:48 am
My friedn and i were taken in by the beautiful ads and flyers handed out at the mall – we bought tickets to see the show on Sunday, January 17th. While the dancers are fabulous, and the costumes are gorgeous, I felt like I was at a revival or brain-washing session. The operatic performances were Falun Gong “hymns” – with the lyrics in English on the large screen. The two pieces showing the oppression of the Falun Gong in China were strange – it was billed as a family show, but I question whether children should see a show where a mother and child are beaten by black-shirted men and the mother dragged off stage, apparently dead – then on the garish screen, she can be seen “ascending” accompanied by monks. Creepy sums up parts of the show quite well.

We really felt like we had been mislead – this was religious / polical propaganda presented to an unsuspecting public as entertainment.

Marilee Coughlin
回复

使用道具

匿名  发表于 2010-1-18 23:19:37
咱英文不咋地,那位把AJC这篇文章和跟帖翻译个大意?
回复

使用道具

匿名  发表于 2010-1-18 23:23:13
5楼讲的很正直!9楼的看歪了,有点神经过敏!
“一味追求推向主流的心态, 本身就不主流. ”
这里“主流华人社区”太多的名人“一味追求推向主流”,十分“不主流”!
回复

使用道具

匿名  发表于 2010-1-18 23:40:24
这里还有《温哥华太阳报》的负面评价:
Opinion: Shen Yun Performing Arts presents a cheesy spectacle of Falun Gong propaganda
http://www.vancouversun.com/entertainment/Opinion+Shen+Performing+Arts+presents+cheesy+spectacle+Falun+Gong+propaganda/2437360/story.html

把老外骗进场,让他们花大价钱看一场所谓的“中国文化”,最后他们感到上当受骗。难怪FLG在海外都得不到多少华人的同情,现在连一些西方媒体也感觉受骗了。
回复

使用道具

匿名  发表于 2010-1-19 00:55:55
Update: My youngest & I went on a date to see the Saturday matinee. For the most part, it’s everything you’d expect Chinese dance to be: gorgeous costumes, athletic & graceful dancers, beautiful music.

For the dances themselves, Shen Yun draws inspiration from many sources: Imperial archers preparing for battle, drummers from Northwestern China, Chinese New Year, Chinese novels & fairy tales,  & even handkerchiefs.

Our favorites: the flowing “water sleeves” in “Flowing Silk,” the humorous “Wu Song Battles the Tiger,” the Chinese New Year celebration in “Lanterns,” and the twirled & tossed “Handkerchiefs.” My daughter’s preference was for any dance with a flowy costume, specifically the pink dresses with the long sleeves. I suspect it’s because she’s 5 & still in her princess phase, but in truth, I was just as enchanted by them.

Where it differs from Chinese dance that I’ve seen in the past is that it also includes scenes of the divine (hence the name of the group: Shen Yun Divine Performing Arts).  It opens with a creation legend, and you’ll see & hear references to religion throughout the production. The soloists sing about reincarnation, the Creator, & Dafa’s disciples, and there are a couple of dances that depict religious persecution in China: “Nothing Can Block the Divine Path” and “Astounding Conviction.”

That said, the religious aspect doesn’t feel out of place; it’s one of many cultural influences the artists tapped to create the production. The hosts explain the historical or cultural significance of each piece before it begins–Plates are a symbol of hospitality in Mongolia, and the dancers use them as props in “Mongolian Hospitality.” The Miao village is home to China’s oldest ethnic group, which is known for wearing elaborate headdresses & ornate silver jewelry, and the dancers wear it during “In a Miao Village.” And, of course, China’s well-known tradition of drumming is depicted in “Drummers of the Northwest.”

–Jennifer Maciejewski
回复

使用道具

匿名  发表于 2010-1-19 10:14:26
向老郭祝贺:27楼的“主流”都能阅读和参与您的168了!很可惜,该“主流”所写的熟练的英文不能发表在AJC的网站上。大家如果跟着上面的link去AJC看看,又有两篇非常负面的报道。一共4片负面报道,没有正面报道。很显然,AJC在为他们先前的报道搞平衡。
回复

使用道具

匿名  发表于 2010-1-19 15:48:05
老郭庆幸是免费的票, 我也庆幸是免费而且提前拜拜, 不然还被再晕一次,作为人头算,变成演出座无虚席,恋恋不舍离去. 我真的晕
回复

使用道具

您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 立即注册

本版积分规则

Archiver|小黑屋|Atlanta168.com

GMT-5, 2024-5-6 14:27 , Processed in 0.078135 second(s), 10 queries .