搜索
热搜: 活动 交友 discuz
查看: 1897|回复: 1

小心房地产租房骗局

[复制链接]
匿名  发表于 2009-1-13 05:08:59 |阅读模式
Forwarded -- by Heather Sun

Dear Folks,

I think I should share/report this to this group for the obvious reasons.

A good percentage of this group own rental properties. Many of them use Craiglist.net to advertise their rental listings. I knew of at least 10 cases from this group suffer from the scam "artists" from this particular website (obviously may exist in other channels). Here is how it happens:

You post the rental listing, it is vacant and you want a tenant desperately.

Someone from England or another place responds to your ad, saying he is relocating to Boston area, and asking a lot of good questions for the property and terms of the rental etc. After several exchanges, he agrees to sign the lease with you. You prepare a lease, email to him. He signs the lease, sends you a deposit check.

All set and done, right? Then, one or more of the followings happened:

1) No one shows up for 1-2 months. You lost time and opportunity and few months rental income. You also get aggrevations until you realized you have been fooled.

2) You asks for a deposit of $4,500.00 (3 x $1500 for an average rent in this area). He sends you a check of $5,000 and you send back the difference. He gets the payment but then his check bounces and you get nothing plus lost of time and income.

3) Worst. He sends you a check of $25.00 for credit check etc. You deposit into your personal account. Somehow, he gets your banking information thorough the transaction and write a bigger check to empty your bank account and then disappear. Remember these are criminals and it is hard to catch them once they manage to take the money.

Be cautious and don't be surprised how many PhDs are fooled by the
scam artists.

Frank

回复

使用道具

匿名  发表于 2009-1-14 04:41:47
缺心眼吧?居然上这么小儿科的当.
回复

使用道具

您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 立即注册

本版积分规则

Archiver|小黑屋|Atlanta168.com

GMT-5, 2024-5-21 11:30 , Processed in 0.076459 second(s), 12 queries .