[复制链接]

主题

帖子

积分

会员

积分

社区居民

发表于 2015-2-20 21:34:33 | 显示全部楼层 |阅读模式
Recently Gwinnett County required me tohave a building permit before finishing my house basement because I never had abuild permit.  I bought my new house in2005 with unfinished basement.  I hireda Chinese Construction Company to finished my basement without a buildingpermit in 2007 or 2008.  Theconstruction company never told me that they need a build permit beforefinishing the basement. I did not know must to have this build permit.  I was told that only the constructioncompany can apply it.  Therefore, Icontacted the Chinese Construction Company owner, who built my basement in manyyears ago (I paid him $36,000 for the cost of finishing the basement). Theowner doesn't speak English.  I helpedhim to contact county personal and filled all required forms.  I paid this application fee of $577.00.  Then, the owner of his Chinese ConstructionCompany asked me to pay him additional $400.00 for him to present his GA constructionlicense to the county.  I am justwondering if any one ever had same situation before?  Do you believe that I need pay this Chinese Construction Companyowner $400.00 for him to present his GA construction license to obtain thebuild permit (he is the person who finished my house basement few yearsago)?   In addition, after I obtainedthe county build permit, I was required to have building inspections, includingHVAC rough, plumbing rough, electrical rough and engineer letter for framingand insulation, before start the county inspection.  I was told these HVAC rough, plumbing rough, electrical rough and engineer letter have differentcharges from $400.00 to $800.00 for each service. My question is, normally, whowill pay these charges?  I spoke to theowner of the Chinese Construction Company if he would pay these charges becausehe did the basement construction work before. However, he refused to pay these fees. Does any one know if it is OK for the owner of the construction companydid not pay these fees?  I wouldappreciate it if any one can give me suggestions. Thank you.  
回复

使用道具 举报

匿名  发表于 2015-2-21 22:34:50
这些是我们许多人在装修地下室都会遇到,并且应该重视的问题。正确的做法是,聘请包工头时,要确认他具有你装修会涉及的水、电、暖通的执照,并要求按city和county建筑法规要求申请相关许可,通过检查,并最终获得入住许可(certificate of occupncy)。这样除按照法规办事外,更保证了建筑的质量和安全性。可惜很多人为了省钱省事(包工头更是如此),都想走捷径,只想悄悄装修完事。可惜楼主倒霉,被county抓到,事情就有些复杂了。

1、除你交的$577建筑许可申请费外,水、电、暖通许可都要收费。这个费用在施工前可双方协商谁出,现在看来很难问包工头要了。
2、亚城只有少数几个华人有施工执照,通常没有执照的包工头需交钱借用。你的包工头问你要的$400就是做这个用的。
3、你现在的关键还不在申请费用的多少,而在于你的包工头以前干得活要能够通过现在的检查才好,否则返工问题就大了。希望一切顺利。
回复

使用道具

您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 立即注册

本版积分规则

Archiver|小黑屋|Atlanta168.com

GMT-5, 2024-4-26 23:30 , Processed in 0.090720 second(s), 19 queries .