搜索
热搜: 活动 交友 discuz
楼主: haoren

有这样的餐馆老板

[复制链接]
匿名  发表于 2012-2-17 08:14:42

Re:Re:回 1楼(游客) 的帖子

引用第9楼游客于2012-02-16 22:05发表的 Re:回 1楼(游客) 的帖子 :

当着顾客面大声骂员工,站在一旁任凭员工侮辱顾客,这Boss就不Right。  - Where this came from?  I did not see it in the LZ post.

“Where this came from?"  ----  Yelp.
"It depends which restaurant in China"  --- 在中国你去的餐馆档次太低了。按照菜价,川娃子应该是服务比较好的中偏高档餐馆,可惜,服务是低档餐馆。
回复

使用道具

匿名  发表于 2012-2-17 10:45:25
引用第7楼匿名于2012-02-16 16:37发表的  :

从国内刚来的年轻人往往是不给小费.  或不习惯给小费.
SB
回复

使用道具

匿名  发表于 2012-2-17 15:06:06
没事闲的,你不去别人去,老板照样挣钱。
回复

使用道具

匿名  发表于 2012-2-17 21:10:10
本人虽未干过餐饮业。但总给20%小费。
请问是啥餐馆?
回复

使用道具

匿名  发表于 2012-4-3 16:31:23
大中华超市门前尽显华人美德:
据说中国人有很多美德,很多当然也不是寻常可以看见的。
不过,在亚特兰大大中华超市门前的停车场上,很多华人的美德就展现的玲珑剔透,
可以说有不少的华人,不知道他们具体来自哪里,但是肯定都是具有美德的中国人,
只见有人边抽烟边装车,装完车便一步跨上坐驾,鱼惯而去,单留下那辆购物推车,
呆立一旁,再静静等待下一个拥有很多美德的中国人前来,重操旧业。
回复

使用道具

匿名  发表于 2012-4-14 07:51:59

回 14楼(游客) 的帖子

关于大中华购物车的问题,美国哪个超市不是这样?
回复

使用道具

匿名  发表于 2012-7-7 14:17:17
it is Chuanwazi
回复

使用道具

匿名  发表于 2012-7-7 20:50:34
引用楼主haoren于2012-02-16 13:34发表的 有这样的餐馆老板 :

有人告诉我,有这样一位餐馆老板,
他嫌中国人小费给的少,而且难伺候。
他的苦瓜脸只对老外笑,毕恭毕敬。
他特意刁难华人顾客,希望老中越来越少,最好不来。

Chuanwaer
回复

使用道具

匿名  发表于 2012-7-12 16:03:55
真的么? 还有这种人哦。 哪天去瞧瞧。
回复

使用道具

匿名  发表于 2012-7-12 19:23:39
From wall street Jounal:

I usually tip 20% for excellent restaurant service, 15% for solid service and 10% for bad service.

I thought I was being generous. Turns out that makes me, at best, an average tipper.

Tips have been on the rise for some time. During the 1950s, people commonly tipped 10% of the bill, says Michael Lynn of the Cornell University School of Hotel Administration. By the 1970s and 1980s, the standard tip had risen to 15% of the tab. Nowadays, people commonly tip 15% to 20%, with the average tip about 18%.

How much do you normally tip? Do you tip a lot less if service is bad or a lot more if service is good? Do you think tips have risen beyond reason? Share your thoughts.
Why are tips rising? Dr. Lynn, who's written more than 40 papers on tipping, says that people tip to make a good impression on the server. "If I want the server to really like me, I have to leave an above-average tip," he says. "And if I want the server not to dislike me, I have to leave an average tip. That dynamic leads to an upward trend in tips."

There's a lot of money on the table. Americans tip about $42 billion a year, estimates Ofer H. Azar of Israel's Ben-Gurion University of the Negev, who studied tipping while getting his doctoral degree in the U.S.

Despite the economic crisis, don't look for tips to get smaller anytime soon. Drs. Lynn and Azar say the same social-acceptance factors are likely to keep pushing tips higher, albeit gradually.

"These changes are over decades, not year to year," says Dr. Azar. "I don't think in five years that 25% will be the norm."

Despite my cost-cutting ways, I actually have sympathy for the restaurant help. My last job before becoming a full-time journalist in 1980 was working as a busboy in a French restaurant in California. Busing tables was grueling work. The waiters would give us a share of their tips, and the extra $15 or $20 I took home on a Saturday night was big money to me back then.

The restaurant was owned by Iranian immigrants during the Iranian hostage crisis. (If it sounds like something out of a Peter Sellers movie, that's what it felt like.) Business, to put it kindly, was sporadic. One Sunday night, the restaurant scheduled only one waiter and one busboy, me. For some reason, we got a run of business -- far more tables than we could handle.

This particular waiter had been at it awhile. He told me there was no point trying to give good service to everyone. It was impossible, and we would just irritate everyone. Instead, he told me that he was going to pick certain tables for good service (and good tips) and he'd get to the rest when he could. So that's what happened.

A waitress in an Italian restaurant in New Jersey recently pulled the same number on my wife, Clarissa, and me. Our dinner took forever to come, and it got worse from there. As this waitress rushed to help other customers, we had to wait 15 or 20 minutes for a dessert menu, and there was another long wait for the bill.

I knew exactly what was happening and wanted to tip her 10%. Clarissa nixed that. The food in the restaurant was quite good, and she wanted to come back again. A lousy tip would get them upset. So we compromised: 15%.

Our solution wasn't unusual. Cornell's Dr. Lynn says that people tip a little worse when they get bad service, but not dramatically. "How sunny it is outside has as big an impact on tipping quantity as does the service quality," he says.
回复

使用道具

您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 立即注册

本版积分规则

Archiver|小黑屋|Atlanta168.com

GMT-5, 2024-4-28 06:14 , Processed in 0.082859 second(s), 10 queries .